Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! 

What could get me so excited? I made the plunge today. Okay, maybe it was more of  a dipping my toes in the baby pool, but most importantly:  I am moving forward!! 


Enough suspense...I opened an ETSY shop today! I am  the proud owner of the on line shop called Prairie Zen . So far, it only has three items in it , but like wildflowers, the seeds have been sown! 
Yes, that's me sewing pincushion seeds. 
My son, Big Boy assisted me in opening it...the computer part. And in return, I taught him how to make pin cushions.  Not many 17 year old young men want to know how to make pin cushions. However, because there are dollar signs in his eyes,  he is happy to sew them!!   He also loves crafts, so will be adding his specialties to the shop. He has been making soaps with natural herbs/fruits in them this summer. Big Boy also makes decorative garden bricks/stones. We are still working out the shipping issues with those! 

Teamwork!!  Mom and Big Boy! 
Back to decluttering...I haven't gotten my little nest done yet, because I got side tracked sewing pincushions and setting up a shop.  TONIGHT!!  I will do it tonight!!  If I don't, I don't know when it will happen. My husband, Quail is off tomorrow and wants to work on the garage again. I know. He won't get off this "want my car in the garage" thing. I don't get it either. Garage? Car? Whaaat? Which means, I will be going through the remainder of goodies in our garage and tossing, saving or donating. Or figuring out ways to sell them!! 

Quail's idea of a "real"  garage...except possibly having a young buxom  blonde  drive him around  town!


Not our actual garage, but you get the idea. Look at all the fabric  that  can be stored in  one of these!! 

Until later, I hope your pieces are coming together also!! 
Deb

Me doing a Happy Dance

3 comments:

  1. good luck Deb with your etsy shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your etsy shop! Hope the declutter goes well I have a hard time getting rid of stuff sometimes.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very close to opening an Etsy shop of my own. Is it hard? How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!